What are some good things to do with left-over roast chicken?
1. Chicken Enchilada Casserole
Transform your roast chicken into a Mexican-inspired dish that the whole family will love. All you need is some basic Mexican ingredients like black beans, canned tomatoes, tortillas and cheese. Layer it all in a baking dish and bake until hot and bubbly!
2. Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Turn your left-over roast chicken into a classic sandwich. Chunks of roast chicken, celery, and mayonnaise make the perfect combination. Serve this up on some toasted bread or a croissant for a delicious lunch option.
3. Thai Chicken Noodle Soup
If you’re looking for something comforting and delicious, this is the recipe for you. Start with a simple broth and add in some carrots, celery and noodles. Then, add in some left-over roast chicken for a hearty soup that will warm you up from the inside out.
4. Chicken Fried Rice
This is a classic Chinese-style dish that you can easily make with left-over roast chicken. Cook some rice with eggs, vegetables and your chicken. Then, toss in some soy sauce and sesame oil for an Asian-inspired meal that’s sure to please.
5. Chicken Pot Pie
This is a classic comfort food dish that’s sure to hit the spot. Layer some vegetables, gravy and left-over roast chicken into a pie crust and bake until golden brown. Serve it up with a side salad for a complete meal.
5 Tips for Making the Most of Left-Over Roast Chicken
Left-over roast chicken can be an incredibly versatile ingredient to have on hand. Here are some tips for making the most of your left-over roast chicken:
- Make Chicken Salad: Chicken salad is a great way to use up left-over roast chicken. It is perfect for a light lunch or dinner and can be served over a bed of lettuce or in a sandwich. You can make a classic chicken salad with mayo, celery, and onion, or get creative and add in some chopped apples for sweetness or nuts for crunch.
- Make a Chicken Pot Pie: Chicken pot pie is the ultimate comfort food. Make your own from scratch or buy a pre-made crust and add in your left-over roast chicken, some vegetables, and a creamy sauce for a delicious dinner. You can also make individual pot pies in ramekins for a more rustic look.
- Make a Chicken Soup: Chicken soup is a classic and comforting dish. You can make your own with left-over roast chicken, some vegetables, and broth, or use a pre-made soup base. Add in some noodles or rice for a heartier soup, or keep it light with just the broth and vegetables. Either way, it will be a delicious and nourishing meal.
- Make a Chicken Fajita Bowl: Chicken fajita bowls are a great way to use up left-over roast chicken. Start with cooked rice and add in diced onion, bell peppers, and your left-over roast chicken. Top it off with some salsa and cheese for a complete and delicious meal.
- Make a Chicken Quesadilla: Quesadillas are a great way to use up left-over roast chicken. Simply layer some shredded cheese and your left-over roast chicken in a tortilla and cook until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is golden and crispy. Serve with some salsa and sour cream for a tasty dinner.
These are just a few ideas for using up left-over roast chicken. There are so many other possibilities, so get creative and have fun with it!
Storing left-over roast chicken is key to maintaining its flavor and freshness. Here are some tips on how to store left-over roast chicken so you can enjoy it for days to come:
- Store the left-over chicken in an airtight container for up to four days.
- Be sure to remove all of the skin and bones before storing.
- Place the chicken in shallow containers with a lid to help it cool quickly and evenly.
- Refrigerate the chicken as soon as possible after cooking, and consume within four days.
- Freeze the chicken if you plan to eat it later than four days.
By following these tips, you can store left-over roast chicken for maximum flavor and freshness. Enjoy!